20091119

the aircon is dead

a poem







I need the gusts of San
Vicente I find on the balcony

You can have me in
my boxers

You lift the yaps

Mami!Mami!Ah!Ah!
look at
Ray!Ray!--Boy.
come over here.

of the laundry creatures to the
the worn screen door of my ear

Flies walk in thru the screen if they
please

A million angry engines growl
past every night

the bitch barks at everyone

our phone shrieks for money

Throwing the trash I tilt back
these slow ghouls in the night
keep the moon to themselves

I wanna spill of the
second floor and rest my
zorries on the parking lot.
The cars will go wow

Look
a black pickup is
hounded off the road
by red-blue flickering

You hand me their dialogue.
"Yes, Sir?"
"You've been speeding
your headlights
you're drunk
you suck at driving."
"Ok, sir."
"Here's your ticket. be safe."

If
my boxers would slip
to my heels.
run your cold
fingers all over me.
sweep me off my feet
o wind
like
a
lover

WHOOSH me past the sad clouds

ease me on the moon

Alone.




San Vicente, Saipan
Oct. 30.